“Never, never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
What do you want in life? Success, money, a better career, more friends, a soul-mate.
So how do you get what you want? Go for it! As Nike says, “Just do it!” That sounds easier than it is though. How do you start? What do you do first? How do you take the first step?
Motivation is the key, but it’s not always easy, day in and day out, to find that motivation.
Here are 7 keys that can help you start:
1) Completely decide what you really truly want. Take some quiet time and reflect on what it is your truly want.
2) Visualize it. Find a picture of what it looks like and post it where you can see it. Write down exactly what it looks like.
3) Decide you really, really want it. Think about the benefits. Focus on the positive. Write down all the reasons you really want this. Then read this list twice every day. Keep it by your bedside and read it when you wake up and when you go to bed every day.
4) Figure out all the steps that you might take to get to this goal. Write down everything no matter how trivial it may seem that may take you to this goal. If you cannot come up with enough steps, consult Google. Do a search for the goal and you might find different ways to reach it.
5) Set mini-goals. Goals should “S.M.A.R.T”: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Make sure they match up to this system.
6) Set off to make it happen.
7) Don’t ever give up! If you start wavering, see #1, 2 and 3 above.
If your goal is to meet new people, find more friends, find a new career or meet your soul-mate, take your first step and join us at one of our events. They are a great way to meet many new nice people in one evening. Everyone is there for the same reason, so it makes it easy to meet everyone at the party in one night. Don’t miss out…. The one YOU need to meet could be at the UNLOCK the Night party tomorrow night!